Thursday, April 16, 2015

Blushes for Spring

spring blushes

The sun is finally shining and the temperatures have hit the double digits! Just a few days ago, it was 18 degrees! If this is just a glimpse of summer, I'm loving it.

When the seasons change, it's time for a change in blushes. I've done posts on my picks for fall and winter, and a look into my growing blush collection. Spring is all about brightening the complexion and giving the face a fresh look. I've included 5 of my favourites for the season.

Dolce & Gabbana The Blush Luminous Cheek Colour in Rosebud

Dolce & Gabbana The Blush Luminous Cheek Colour in Rosebud: This is described as a blushing pink, but I would say it's more of a coral pink colour. It gives the face a fresh and natural luminous glow. I don't know how the other blushes in this line are, but this is extremely pigmented. I only have to tap my brush ever so gently into the blush to get the right amount of powder.

Clarins Blush Prodige Illuminating Cheek Colour in Sweet Rose

Clarins Blush Prodige Illuminating Cheek Colour in Sweet Rose: Part of the Spring 2015 release, this shade is a permanent shade in the blush line. This blush includes two shades, with one being matte and the other shimmery. The matte shade is a rosy pink colour, while the shimmery shade is more on the peachy side. I personally like swirling the two together for that wonderful healthy glow on the skin.

Chanel Jardin de Chanel Blush Camelia Rose

Chanel Jardin de Chanel Blush Camelia Rose: Can we just ogle at how gorgeous this blush is? The design is so beautiful and I wish all blushes were made like this. This limited edition blush was released as part of Chanel's Spring 2015 collection. There are two shades in this cool-toned blush - a medium rose pink and a soft light pink, with a bit of silver sparkle. When swatched together and next to other rosy pink blushes, it almost looks like there's a hint of a purple undertone. I do have to note that on my olive medium skintone, it has more of a sheer glowy finish on the cheeks.

NARS Deep Throat

NARS Deep Throat: This is a wonderful all-purpose blush that works with pretty much everything. It's a pinky peach with gold shimmer, with much less shimmer and pinker than Orgasm. I love the gold shimmer in this blush since it's not too shimmery. It also goes well with all kinds of looks, whether it be natural or dramatic.

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush - Luminous Flush and Incandescent Electra

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush - Luminous Flush and Incandescent Electra: I included these two shades in my post on my winter blush picks, but for spring, I love layering these two! When layered together, they create a beautiful neutral pink that also gives some highlight to the cheeks.

blush swatches


What are your favourite blushes for spring?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.