Saturday, July 11, 2015

Summer Blushes

blushes

blushes

We've arrived at the final part of my seasonal blush picks. It's no secret that blush is my favourite makeup item. I've written about my picks for fall, winter and spring, and you can take a look at part of my blush collection.

For the summer months, I've discovered a couple new favourites to go along with two oldies, but goodies that I always pull out during the hotter months. So, let's start off with the two staple summer blushes.

benefit coralista

Benefit Coralista: This is the summer blush for me. Once the days get longer and brighter and the weather gets hotter, I pull this out. It's everything I could ask for in a summery blush - just the right amount of shimmer and sheen, a blush and highlight in one, a beautiful coral pink shade that works on both light and tanned skin. I actually prefer it on tanned skin because it gives the cheeks such an amazing glow, without being overly shimmery. The pink in this blush also helps the blush to not lean too orange.

nars deep throat

NARS Deep Throat: This is probably one of the more shimmery blushes I own, which says a lot about my blush preferences. Summer time is really the only time I wear blushes with shimmer and I like that once Deep Throat is applied to the cheeks, the shimmer isn't too obvious. The pinky peach colour also gives a beautiful flush on tanned skin. Just like Coralista, the pink helps with balancing the colour on my medium olive skintone.

clinique cheek pop in plum pop

Clinique Cheek Pop in Plum Pop: I bet you didn't see this one coming! (I sincerely hope you heard the sarcasm while you read that.) One of the best buys of the year and possibly one of my all-time favourite blushes. It's a plummy pink with blue undertones that's different from all the peaches and corals that are favoured for the summer months. I like that this gives a fresh colour to the cheeks, while also giving a luminous glow to the cheeks. It's hard to go overboard with this blush, but it's pigmented enough that you don't need to pile on layers of it.

burberry light glow natural blush in tangerine

Burberry Light Glow Natural Blush in Tangerine: I bought this blush a few months ago, out of impulse (I couldn't help myself) and since then I haven't really used it. I've finally figured out that this gives a natural glow (as the name indicates) to the cheeks, especially on tanned skin. This is a soft browny-peach and is a very natural colour. Think of Tarte Exposed but peachy. The powder is finely milled and super silky which makes applying it a dream. I'm sure I'll end up using it throughout the year, but for now, it's perfect for the the summer.

summer blush swatches

And that's a wrap on my four-part series on my blush picks for each season! I hope you enjoyed each part of this series and maybe you found some new blushes to consider picking up. Hopefully you now understand my obsession with blush and the wonderfulness of them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.