Monday, December 15, 2014

Review: Caudalie Beauty Elixir

Caudalie beauty elixir


This isn't so much of a review, but more of me going on about how much I like the Caudalie Beauty Elixir. But let's get to the basics of what this product is.

Caudalie describes this as part-toner and part-serum mist which includes many essential oils and other ingredients that are good for the skin. They claim that this mist smooths the skin, tightens the pores, and provides an instant burst of radiance. You can buy this spray in a 1 ounce bottle or a 3.4 ounce bottle, but it is a little pricey. So, if you can, try to buy some of their value sets which often include this spray. That's how I first got my hands on this wonderful product.

The Beauty Elixir can be used as a toner before putting on moisturizer, either during your morning or evening skincare routine, or you can use it as a setting spray for your makeup. I prefer to use it as a toner after cleaning my face and before applying my serum and moisturizer. I like that this has a fine mist so it doesn't feel like I'm attacking my face with a spray. It also has a strong herbal scent that I find quite lovely. If you don't prefer your toners having a strong scent, this may not be the product for you.

I've used this spray for more than 3 months and I can say that it has helped my skin improve. It's helped some of the redness in my cheeks subside and I would like to think that the ingredients in the spray has helped with keeping my skin clear of new pimples popping up. As for the claims of tightening of pores, I haven't really seen a difference, but it could just be because I'm not all that worried about the size of my pores.

I do have to say that I would prefer if this didn't contain alcohol, even if Caudalie does say that it comes from plants. I like that it helps the spray dry quickly, but the alcohol can make my skin feel a little dry. But that and the high price of this product are the only "bad" things I can say about it!

I highly recommend this product, especially if you're in the market for trying out a new toner. If only the price was a little lower, then I would be buying bottles and bottles of this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.