Thursday, May 21, 2015

New Skincare Additions

skincare products

Over the last month or so, a few new items have crept into my skincare routine. With the changes in season and the weather getting warmer, it was time to switch some things up.

If you didn't already know, I absolutely love using Bioderma to help in removing my base makeup before cleansing at the end of the day. But lately, I've grown a little tired of using it and paying so much for it. I made it a mission to see if any of the drugstore options were as good, if not better, at a fraction of the price. I've switched in the Simple Cleansing Micellar Water to see if it truly lives up to the hype it's getting.

The next skincare addition is the Kate Somerville Clarifying Treatment Toner. I don't have the greatest experience with toners, since most of the ones I've tried haven't done much for my skin. I love the Caudalie Beauty Elixir (review), but I've been trying to find a toner that doesn't have alcohol. Now, I've already mentioned this product in my April favourites, so it's certainly found a place in my skincare routine. It's been working quite well on my skin and I've found the way it works best for me. This is something I'll elaborate on in my future review.

I recently finished up my sample of the Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream and before I actually go ahead and purchase the full size, I'm going through some eye cream samples I have. First up is the Shiseido Benefiance WrinkleResist24 Intensive Eye Contour Cream (longest name ever). My undereye area doesn't really have that many wrinkles, but prevention is key, right? A sample packet usually lasts a while and from the short amount of time I've been using this cream, I've actually seen results!

Last, but not least, is the Josie Maran Argan Daily Moisturizer SPF 47. I was looking for a new moisturiser with SPF to use during the day and decided to try this out based on a recommendation from a friend. I didn't want to splurge on the larger size, so I got this small, almost sample sized bottle. The texture is quite interesting! When dispensed, it looks and feels quite thin, but once you start rubbing it into the skin, it feels quite thick and hard to blend in. It leaves a whitecast on the skin and that kind of bothers me. I'm not totally sold on this moisturiser right now, but I'm going to keep using it and see if it grows on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.