Saturday, May 02, 2015

Samples Challenge Update #3



Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer: I don't remember when I got this sample, but it's one of the best primers I've used. It leaves a nice silky feel on the skin and helps makeup last longer on the skin.
Purchase: Yes - I've already purchased a small bottle of it

Cover FX Mattifying Primer with Anti-Acne Treatment: This was an ok primer. It's a gel primer that does make the skin feel smooth, but it didn't seem to keep the oils under control. My makeup did hold up better with it, but it's not the best I've tried. As for the anti-acne properties, it didn't seem to do much for preventing or treating any acne.
Purchase: No

Shiseido Ibuki Refining Moisturizer: This was a pretty big sample since it lasted me about 2.5 months. I don't think it "instantly" corrected the appearance of unevenness, but it did help keeping my skin hydrated. This has quite a strong scent that's much like the hair products you smell at a salon, but I didn't mind it. I used this at night even though I think it's meant to be used during the day, but I woke up with super soft skin. At the end of the day, I'm quite meh about this moisturiser.
Purchase: No

Biotherm Lait Corporel Body Milk: I was pleasantly surprised at how moisturising this body milk was! For something so thin, it felt really nice on the skin and sank I quickly. However, this is marketed to those with dry skin, but I don't think it'll be moisturising enough for those with dry skin. The scent was very pleasant. If you know what Nuxe Reve de Miel smells like, this is that in cream form.
Purchase: No - not right now, since I have a whole bunch of other lotions to finish

Caudalie Makeup Remover Cleansing Water: As with other cleansing/micellar waters, I don't think they do a great job at removing makeup. I mostly use them to help remover base makeup before cleansing. This had a nice light scent, but it didn't remove my base makeup as well as Bioderma. I did find that my skin felt a little more hydrated after using it, compared to Bioderma.
Purchase: No

Shiseido White Lucent Total Brightening Serum: I wish I had more than one sample of this serum so I could actually see if it did anything to my skin. I'm quite undecided on this since one sample isn't enough to truly see if it worked or had any effect on my skin. But, for the amount it costs to buy this serum, there are alternatives that I imagine will work as well (or better) for much less.
Purchase: No

Lancome DreamTone Ultimate Dark Spot Corrector - 2 Medium: Just like the Shiseido White Lucent Serum, I wish I had more than one sample of this to truly test out the product. This felt like a light cream, similar to the La Roche Posay Pigmentclar Serum (review). Unfortunately, I couldn't tell if this was working or not from the one sample that I received. It's also quite expensive at $114 versus $59 for the LRP Pigmentclar Serum.
Purchase: No

Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream: I'm quite sad that I finished this up! Such a wonderful lightweight cream that kept my eyes hydrated throughout the night. If you're looking for an eye cream that does all the fancy stuff (e.g. diminish dark circles, diminish fine lines and wrinkles), this isn't for you. It's just a nice basic eye cream that does that it says. It's quite nice under makeup as well, since it acts as a primer.
Purchase: Yes, after I finish up a whole bunch of other eye creams


With this update, it brings the total number of samples used to date to 27. Slowly, but surely, I'm making my way through my box full of samples!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.