Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Return to Sender #1

makeup products

I was inspired by Gummy to start this little series. I buy a lot of products and many times, they don't stay in my makeup collection. Most of the products I do try out don't even warrant a full review, so here's to some mini reviews on products I didn't think were worth it to keep.

Lancome Rouge in Love Lipcolor - 200B Lasting Kiss: I bought this a long time ago in the hopes of finding a lipstick that would give my lips a natural pink colour without being too pigmented. In the end, I found it was a little too nude and for some reason it gave off more of a peachy colour on my lips. It also didn't last long enough on my lips.

Clinique Pop Lip Colour + Primer - Bare Pop: I really wanted to like this! The first thing I noticed was the amount of glitter! I liked the colour, but I just couldn't get over the amount of glitter on my lips.

Dior Addict Extreme Lipstick - Incognito: I wanted this lipstick for the longest time, but I didn't know it would be so nude on the lips. After I put it on, my lips looked so dead. On other bloggers, it looked so much better and a little more pink. It just didn't work for me.

Tarte Coloured Clay CC Undereye Corrector - Light/Medium: This was the first umdereye corrector I ever tried out. I wanted something that also helped brightened my undereye area. The Medium/Tan shade looked too dark for me, but this shade was definitely too light and didn't correct the darkness in my undereye area.

Beauty Blender: I returned this after I received my free one in the April Birchbox from subscribing for the first time. Funny enough, I still haven't used it! I've been using the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge at the moment.

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder - Dim Light: I previously tried out the Diffused Light shade and thought it made me look sick. It also didn't control oil very well either. So, I wanted to try out Dim Light to see if it would change my mind about this product that so many people swear by. I liked this shade a lot more since it helped with brightening my complexion. Unfortunately, it still didn't have good oil control and that is the biggest thing I look for in setting powders.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.