Tuesday, June 30, 2015

June 2015 Favourites

makeup products

Can you believe how quickly this month went by? I honestly can't believe half the year is already over. Before you know it, it'll be December and we'll be ringing in the new year. Before we think about that, it's time to talk about this month's favourites.

Let's start off with some new favourites. I bought a pack of the Koh Gen Do Cleansing Spa Water Cloths during the Sephora sale, but now with the whole fiasco of many brands that can't be shipped by Sephora, you can't order it from the Canadian Sephora site anymore. Do you know how sad that makes me? This is possibly my ultimate makeup removing wipe! It removes makeup extremely well, even waterproof mascara. Now I'll have to ship it to friends in the States or find another place to buy it.

My next new favourite is part of the Clarins Aquatic Treasures (Summer 2015) collection. I absolutely could not resist the rose gold packaging that matches the eyeshadow inside of it. I got the Ombre Iridescent Eyeshadow in 01 Aquatic Rose and it's a gorgeous light rose gold pink that you can sweep all over the lid. It stays put all day, even without a primer because I'm too lazy to apply an eye primer everyday.

Then we have the Kevyn Aucoin The Celestial Powder in Candlelight. Most likely the only highlighter I'll ever need to own. I use this on the tops of my cheekbones, the bridge of my nose and sometimes right in the centre of my eyelid. It gives a really natural glow to the high points of your face and I think it'll work with pretty much every skintone. To use it, I've been loving the Real Techniques Setting Brush. It's the perfect size and gives great control over where you're placing the highlighter. I was searching for the perfect brush to use with this highlighter and this is definitely it. No need to splurge on all those expensive brushes!

makeup products

Now for the repeat favourites. I'm still really enjoying the Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer. Lightweight, while still giving good coverage for my dark spots and hyperpigmentation. Ever since I got the Candlelight highlighter, I've only been pairing it with the Kevyn Aucoin Sculpting Powder in Medium (review) and they are perfect together. And surprise, surprise. The Clinique Cheek Pop in Plum Pop. Still absolutely love this silky smooth and blendable blush. I've used it so much that the fine details in the middle are gone and on the petals have faded quickly.

What were your favourites this past month?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.