Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Summer Makeup Essentials

summer makeup essentials in a box


Toronto is finally in the thick of summer. The temperatures are hitting the 30s and now I'm looking for all the ways to keep my skin protected and my makeup lasting all day. Today, I'll be featuring the makeup products that are my summer essentials and Saturday will show my summer skincare essentials.

To prep my face, I always use a primer and my primer of choice is the Benefit Porefessional. It fills in my pores, helps control the oil and makes my face a smooth canvas. For my base, I use a long-lasting, mattifying foundation. At the moment, I'm really loving the new L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte foundation. It's quite a light feeling foundation that provides medium to full coverage, while keeping the skin matte and actually lasting all day without breaking up. It's the foundation I've been reaching for the most, especially on those humid 30+ degree days.

For the complexion, I will always have Benefit Coralista on hand for the summer months. It's the blush that reminds me of the hot summer weather. The coral is just the perfect shade for glowing cheeks. Not to mention, the gold shimmer and the beautiful sheen that makes the cheeks pop. To add even more glow, I've been loving the Kevyn Aucoin Candelight highlighter on the tops of my cheekbones and the bridge of my nose. Some days, I add this in the middle of my lids to give an added shine.

To lock in all the face products I've applied, I use the Urban Decay All-Nighter Makeup Setting Spray. This is the only makeup setting spray I've tried, but it works. It locks everything into place and also helps with keeping the oil under control. Whenever I use this, it extends the wear time of my makeup by at least 3-4 hours.

clarins ombre iridescent eyeshadow aquatic rose, benefit coralista, kevyn aucoin candlelight


For the eyes, I like to keep it simple. I've been slapping on the Clarins Ombre Iridescent Eyeshadow in Aquatic Rose all over my eyelids and that's it. A beautiful shimmery rose gold shade that catches the light. This stays on my lids all day with no primer and no creasing. Then, I layer on the Shu Uemura Petal Lash mascara. I normally use waterproof mascaras, but it's even more important during the hot humid months. The Shu Uemura isn't labelled as a waterproof mascara, but it might as well be! It doesn't smudge and it's one of the hardest mascaras to remove.

Last but not least, we have the Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector in Rose Shimmer. I like to keep the lips light and this gives a hint of colour with some hydration. I love that this isn't sticky and feels comfortable on the lips.

Now that it's finally summer, what are some of your summer makeup essentials?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.