Tuesday, October 06, 2015

Current Makeup Rotation: October 2015

makeup products flatlay

September came and gone quite quickly, which means an update on the products I'll be using for the month of October.

Since I started my no-buy, I've been shopping my stash and seeing what I need to show some love to. In my earlier posts, I talked a lot about how much I love the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer, then I tried out the Urban Decay Naked Concealer and loved it just as much, if not more. Well, I ran out of the Urban Decay concealer. Now, I'm back to using one of the back ups of the NARS concealer. I'm still somewhat tanned, so I'm currently using the shade Ginger. 

Though I'm shopping my stash, there are some new products that I've acquired in recent months that I'm trying to use more. I'm giving the Bobbi Brown Warm Eye Palette a rest and trading it for the Chanel Entrelacs Palette (review). I'm so hesitant in using this palette because of the beautiful embossing, but it would be such a waste if I bought it to collect dust. Then I made a cheeky little purchase - another eyebrow pencil. I know I already have so many other ones that I need to use up, but I really wanted to try it! Don't worry, I bought it way before I decided on the no-buy. It's the Burberry Effortless Eyebrow Definer in Ebony. It seems like the best of both worlds with the wedge shape that I like and a shade suitable for those with naturally black or very dark brown hair. 

open makeup product flatlay


For the complexion, I've switched out Tarte Exposed and rotated in the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Palette. For the fall season, I'm really liking Mood Exposure. My skin does tend to look duller when the weather gets colder and this blush helps brighten and give my cheeks a lifting effect. It does tend to look different on various skintones and looks more plummy on my cheeks, versus a cooler satiny pink when swatched.

Lastly, I'm rotating my highlighters. As much as I love the Kevyn Aucoin Celestial Powder in Candlelight, it's been a bit too subtle for my liking. In comes the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Opal for a more obvious highlight and glowy cheeks. Again, I'm tying to counteract some of the dullness I typically get in my skin when the cold weather hits.

hourglass mood exposure and becca opal swatches

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.