Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Simple Wedding Eye Look - Smoky Brown Eyes



I hope all my fellow Canadians had an awesome Thanksgiving weekend! I took a brief break and it was good to unplug and spend time with friends and family.

Yesterday was officially one month since my maid of honour got married! So, today I'm sharing with you the eye look I did on the bridesmaids. It's been highly requested, so I apologize for taking so long to finally write a post about it.

My maid of honour wanted me to do a natural smoky look that wasn't too smoky, but wore well from morning to night. I used 3 palettes to achieve a neutral, brown smoky eye - Urban Decay Naked Palette, Make Up For Ever Artist Palette Volume 1 - Nudes, and Bobbi Brown Warm Eye Palette.



I started off with patting Bone from the Bobbi Brown palette all over the lid, then layered on I-514 from the MUFE palette. Then, I took Naked from the Urban Decay palette and buffed it into the crease. To smoke out the eye, I mixed together I-544 and D-652 from the MUFE palette and placed it on the outer-v of the eye and along the lower lash line. 

For the finishing touches, I patted I-514 on the centre of the lids to bring light to the eyes. I used Virgin from the Naked palette as the inner corner and brow bone highlight. 

I then used the Shu Uemura Drawing Pencil in Black to line the eyes (this stuff doesn't budge!) and used S-102 (a matte black eyeshadow is essential in any eyeshadow collection) on top to set the liner. For mascara, I used Dior Diorshow Iconic Overcurl mascara on the girls, but Shu Uemura Lash Petal on myself. 

There you have it! A simple neutral smoky eye that will work for anyone. I hope you enjoyed this post and found it helpful for creating your own smoky eye for any occasion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.