Monday, March 30, 2015

Samples Challenge Update #2



It's the end of another month, so it's time for an update on how many samples I've used up in the past month.

Shiseido Ultimune Power Infusing Concentrate: I finished up a couple more sample packets and a tube of this concentrate. I felt like I started seeing results, but then my face broke out from another skincare product, so I'm still not entirely sure how well this works. At this point, I like how nice my skin feels from using it, but I'm not seeing the results and I don't want to add another step to my skincare routine.
Purchase: No

Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Face Cream with Super 7 Complex: I did not like this cream at all. It had a very green plant scent to it that really turned me off. It was also quite thick and felt too rich for my skin. Perhaps this would be better suited for more mature skin.
Purchase: No

Lancome Advanced Genifique Youth Activating Concentrate: I used up a sample packet and a mini bottle of this serum. My skin did look more even and brighter, but it was hard to tell if it did anything for my fine lines and wrinkles (or lack thereof). My skin didn't really feel firmer, but to be fair, this product isn't geared toward my skin.
Purchase: No - not right now, but perhaps in the future when I'm older

REN Micro Polish Cleanser: This is probably the harshest physical exfoliator I've used to date. It was really rough on my skin and I felt like I needed to use the gentlest force while massaging this cleanser on my face. My skin was smoother after using it, but I've used other exfoliators that are much less rough that have been just as effective.
Purchase: No

Vichy Purete Thermale Soft & Soothing Toner: This toner had a strong rose scent to it, which I enjoyed. It did help with removing any residual makeup after cleansing, but my skin didn't feel more hydrated or soothed after using it. I have yet to find a toner that really wows me, except the Caudalie Beauty Elixir (review).
Purchase: No

Clarins Super Restorative Night Age Spot Correcting Replenishing Cream: My skin felt plumper and more hydrated after using this. I don't have any age spots (that I know of), but my scars from pimples didn't fade, so I'm not sure if this truly lives up to the age spot correcting claims.
Purchase: No

Bioderma Hydrabio Legere: I wrote about this in a disappointing products post. It's quite a lightweight moisturiser and I required a serum under this for it to be hydrating enough for my skin. Perhaps I should've tried this out in the summer, but like I said in the disappointing products post, I'd rather apply a hydrating moisturiser with SPF.
Purchase: No

Caudalie Hand and Nail Cream: I loved this hand cream! It's quite a light cream that's moisturising. It absorbed into my skin very quickly and the scent is isn't too heavy. I would buy this hand cream just for the scent. I know Caudalie makes this hand cream in other scents and includes it in value sets, so I'll be on the lookout for them.
Purchase: Yes


I used up 11 samples this past month, which makes for a total of 19 so far! Also, it seems the only full sized products I'd purchase are hand creams. Hopefully the next round of samples will impress me. Until next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.