Thursday, March 19, 2015

The Go-To Lip Products

lip products and swatches

When it comes to lip products, I'm a pretty simple person. I like my lip balms and sheer tinted lip products. But, some days call for a different colour to suit the seasons or perhaps add more shine. These five featured lip products are my go-to favourites for any occasion but are also great for every day.

If you can't already tell, I love my natural looking shades. On days where I want more gloss and shine, I opt for the Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector. It's sheer but still gives enough of a tint on the lips and the perfect amount of gloss without the stickiness.

Now that the weather's warming up, I go for the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey. It's a soft pink shade with mauve undertones, which goes well with my medium olive skintone. It has just the right amount of pink to perk up my lips.

For days where I want more of a nude colour, and I don't mean flesh coloured, I pick up the Revlon Lip Butter in Pink Truffle. My idea of a nude is a my lips but better shade. Because my lips are quite pigmented, this has the perfect mix of pink and brown to balance out the colour of my lips. I'm definitely a lover of pinky-brown shades! Which brings me to the Hourglass Femme Rouge Velvet Creme Lipstick in Fawn. It's quite similar to Pink Truffle, but has a hint more pink and lasts longer. This is the lippie I reach for when I'm going on interviews or need to look more professional.

Last, but not least, we have the Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Bel Ami. I have to admit, I'm a bit chicken when it comes to red lipstick. So this is my version of a red lip. This is a deep berry red shade which I absolutely love. Once the fall season comes upon us, I immediately pull this out.

What are some of your go-to lip products?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.