Thursday, November 06, 2014

Finding the Ultimate Brow Product: Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil - Dark Brunette

hourglass arch brow sculpting pencil dark brunette


When I started dabbling in makeup, I mostly ignored my eyebrows, except for tweezing and trimming them. Even amidst all these blog posts and YouTube videos saying that eyebrows frame the face and that they are important in everyone's daily makeup routine, I ignored it. But! I have finally seen the light. Now I'm on the search for the ultimate brow product.

I have to mention that I'm not going to try any brow powders or pomades - anything that requires the use of a brush to use the product. I want an all-in-one product. 

First up in this search is the Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil. My brow hairs are black, but to match the dark brown colour of my hair, I bought the shade Dark Brunette. The colour isn't too warm, but cool enough to match both the colour of my hair and the brow hairs. You can see the colour of this shade in the swatch below. 

hourglass arch brow sculpting pencil dark brunette swatch


Both the formula and shape of the pencil are what I'm really enjoying with this pencil. The wedge-like shape of the pencil is quite handy for lazy people like me. I can use the wideness (but it's really not that wide!) of the pencil to shade in the sparser areas of my brows, but still use the edges of the pencil to create the fine lines that I need. 

hourglass arch brow sculpting pencil dark brunette


As for the formula, it has a waxy texture that helps to keep the hairs in place, while depositing the pigments. Because the pencil is a little on the harder side, it's easier to control where exactly the colour is going. I find that the formula and hardness of the pencil helps to control the amount of pigment being placed on the brows, so it's difficult to go overboard when applying. But if I do happen to find that I've been too heavy-handed, the spoolie is excellent in blending everything out.

eyebrows


You can see in the before and after pictures that the sparser areas have been filled in and overall, it looks more defined. I try to avoid applying too much product in the front of the brows to prevent my brows from looking too heavy. You can also see that the shade looks pretty natural and seems like a good match for me. 

I'm enjoying this product so far, but I'll have to test out other products before I decide on the brow product for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.