Thursday, November 13, 2014

Evening Skincare Routine

skincare products


Every night, I look forward to taking off my makeup and doing my skincare routine. There's something so relaxing and calming about taking everything off and nourishing my skin. Even though it seems like I use an excess amount of products on my face, each product has its purpose.

skin cleansers


When I get home, I like using the Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Make-up Remover to take off everything on my eyes and use whatever is left on the cotton pad to take off everything else on my face. This is my favourite eye makeup remover as it's able to take off everything, including extremely waterproof mascara. I then use another cotton pad with Bioderma Sensibio Micellaire water to ensure I've gotten off all the makeup on my face. Afterwards, I cleanse my face with the Aveeno Skin Brightening Daily Scrub. The exfoliating beads are very small and gentle, but still make my skin so smooth. 

skincare products


Treating my skin and layering on each product is my favourite part of the routine. I spray on the Caudalie Beauty Elixir as my toner. This has helped in reducing the redness in my skin and the amount of pimples I've gotten. If I do have any pimples that I need to treat, I use the La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo. This contains salicylic acid and works amazingly on my pimples. Then, I use the La Roche-Posay Pigmentclar Serum on scars and dark spots to help in fading them. Currently, my serum of choice is the Ole Henriksen Truth Serum Collagen Booster. It's light, smells citrus-y, and helps with brightening my skin. Then, I apply the Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation moisturizer, which also helps with brightening the skin, and fading scars and hyperpigmentation. And lastly, I apply the Clarins Eye Contour Balm around my eye area. This eye cream is extremely light, but I'll probably have to switch to a thicker cream when winter comes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.