Saturday, April 04, 2015

Addicted to Blush Tag (#BlushFiend)

How appropriate that I was tagged to do this! I was tagged by Liz to do this and I've had some difficulty trying to pick my favourites for some of the questions. I do consider myself a blush addict, but my blush collection isn't as extensive as other blush addicts out there.

blushes

blushes

blushes

What colour blush suits you the most?
Berry and pinky nudes look the best on me. As much as I want pinks and peaches to look really good on me, I just can't seem to pull them off as well as berries and pinky nudes. Despite the number of blushes in my collection, I've yet to find a pink that I absolutely love. Natural and warm-toned blushes do tend to look better on me.

Pressed/cream/loose blush?
If you can't already tell, my blush collection is made up of mainly pressed powder blushes. I'm still trying to get into cream blush, but I've yet to find a formula that I love. Loose blushes? I won't go near those - way too messy for my liking.

Favourite shimmery blush?
It would have to be a tie between Benefit Coralista and NARS Sin. Coralista is my favourite blush to use during the summer when my skin is tanned. The gold shimmer in the blush gives my skin a beautiful glow that suits my darker skin. For the fall and winter months, Sin is my favourite blush. A beautiful berry colour with golden shimmer. The berry colour just goes so well with my paler olive-toned skin.

benefit coralista

nars sin

Favourite matte blush?
This probably isn't a surprise to you, but Tarte Exposed is my favourite matte blush. It was either this or NARS Douceur, but I prefer Exposed, as its pigmentation is a little better and a bit more pink for my liking. It might be a super boring blush, but I think it's such a great colour for giving cheeks a natural flush and a bit of contour. Plus, it goes with everything.

tarte exposed

Favourite cream blush?
I only own one cream blush and it's not even a full sized blush. It's the Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge in Blushed Rose, which I got as part of a 500 point redemption from Sephora. I guess I would say this is my favourite, since I don't have any other ones. I like the deep rose colour, though I find it can be a bit hard to apply and blend out.

bobbi brown pot rouge blushed rose

Favourite drugstore blush?
I only own a few drugstore blushes. The first drugstore blush I owned was Annabelle Rosebud and it was a good basic cool toned pink with I really liked. I have no idea where it's gone since I moved back from university 3 years ago. Since then, my favourite pick has to be Rimmel Lasting Finish Blush in Madeira. This is a dusty pink colour with a somewhat copper undertone.

rimmel madeira

Favourite high end blush?
It's a toss up between NARS and Hourglass. NARS has such a great range of colours for everyone with great colour payoff. I have a mini collection of NARS blushes and everytime they launch limited edition palettes, I contemplate getting them! I bought the limited edition Hourglass blush palette and haven't owned blushes that combine blush and highlight as well as these. Also, whenever I look at them, I think of bacon (reference). And who doesn't like bacon?

hourglass ambient lighting blush palette

nars blushes

Favourite bright blush?
I don't own too many bright blushes, so I'm defaulting to the YSL Blush Radiance No. 6. This looks scary in the pan, but of all the bright and pink blushes I have, this would be my favourite. You do have to be careful when applying this. It's best to use a light hand or else you'll have super bright pink cheeks.

ysl blush radiance no. 6

Biggest blush disappointment/regret?
There are two blushes that stand out to me as a disappointment and as a regret. NARS Torrid would be my biggest disappointment. I bought this because I was drawn in by the coral colour, but compared to Coralista, this somehow pulls more peach on my skin which doesn't look very good on me. Needless to say, I use Coralista a lot more often than Torrid.

My biggest regret was the Josie Maran Coconut Water Cheek Gelee. I don't actually own this anymore. I thought the unique formula would make it easy to apply and blend out, but for some reason, it went on patchy. I just couldn't get it to apply evenly and would end up with clown cheeks.

nars torrid

Best blush packaging?
Of all of my blushes, it would have to be the one Clarins blush that I own. I really like the sleek, all gold and straight-edged case. I like the clean look that it has. It also has a big mirror on the inside and because the entire case is reflective, the outside doubles as a mirror!

clarins blush prodigee sweet rose

clarins blush prodigee sweet rose

What's on your blush wishlist?
I have quite a few blushes on my wishlist. At the top would be the Burberry Light Glow Natural Blush in Tangerine and Earthy. Then there's the new Bobbi Brown Brightening Brick in Coral that I've been eyeing since they were launched. An appropriate blush now that spring is here and the warmer weather's coming. Lastly, there are the new shades for the Clinique Cheek Pop range. The two shades I want to get are Plum Pop and Fig Pop.

Number 1 holy grail blush?
This was really hard to pick and I didn't end up picking just one. It's a tie between NARS Sin and Tarte Exposed. Am I allowed to bend the rules a bit and pick two? Even though Exposed would probably be the most versatile out of the two, I think my love for Sin is bigger. There was one time where I was trying to depot the blush and it completely shattered. I immediately bought a new one after. Since I own Douceur as well, I wouldn't be completely sad if I didn't have Exposed.

nars sin and tarte exposed

I tag whoever wants to do this tag and whoever has a blush collection they want to share! I love reading everyone's answers to tags, so I hope whoever reads this does this tag.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.