Monday, April 20, 2015

Sephora VIB Sale Haul 2015 - Part 1

beauty, makeup, skincare products

It's that time of year again where Sephora has their first of two VIB sales. I decided to order online again instead of going in-store for a majority of the products that I wanted. I posted my wishlist earlier this month, but funnily enough, I didn't end up purchasing a lot of the items on that list!

I tried to sticking to what I really wanted, but ended up adding some last minute items right when I was putting in my order. Suffice it to say, a couple of items might just be returned. 

I've wanted this brush for a pretty long time now. I can see this being quite the multi-tasking brush - powder, blush, contour, highlight. The sky's the limit!

I always like to pick up the sets that Caudalie puts together. It's such a great value when you want to try out new products and they typically include a bottle of their Beauty Elixir. Plus, this set includes a tube of their Hand and Nail Cream and Lip Conditioner that I really like.

I wanted to try out this powder in preparation for and to research the best products for doing my wedding makeup. I got the smaller size just in case I didn't like it and I'm sure it'll last me a while.

Koh Gen Do Cleansing Spa Water Cloths
I'm always on the hunt for great makeup removing cloths and this one has gotten pretty good reviews! I got the 10 cloth pack just in case it didn't work out. This was definitely a last minute add to my order!

I didn't get these when they first launched, so I thought the sale was a great time to pick a couple up. Fig Pop looks like a great natural shade that I can wear year-round and Plum Pop looks like a wonderful spring shade. 

I wanted to try out a new lipstick and of course I get a my lips but better shade. The reviews for these new lipsticks look good and promising, so I'm hoping I really like this as well. I also have my eye on Plum Pop. 

This has always been on my wishlist. I don't know what took me so long to get this lipstick! Probably the price, but I figure I might as well try it out now instead of always wanting to try it out. This is another my lips but better shade - as if I need another one!

This is one of my holy grail nail polishes. I used up more than half of my first bottle, but now it's gotten quite thick which has made it hard to work with. It's ok to use if I'm going to apply one thick layer, but I can't be bothered to apply two thin layers since it's so thick. 

I was in the market for a new toner that actually does something for my skin. I love the Caudalie Beauty Elixir, but I wanted one that doesn't have alcohol. I've read reviews that this toner works well on healing residual acne and fading acne scars and hyperpigmentation. 

I was on the search for a new moisturiser that has SPF and I thought this would be a great one to try out. It was recommended by a friend and the benefits of argan oil makes this a win-win. Hopefully this doesn't break me out!

I've already tried out the Diffused Light powder and it didn't work out so well for me. It made me look quite sickly and it didn't control my oil that well. I'm hoping this will help with blurring out imperfections in my skin and make it look more radiant. Maybe then I'll finally understand the hype with these powders.

This is the first highlighter (besides samples) that I've owned. I'm hoping that this is the only one I will own! I've read so many reviews on different highlighters and wanted one that looks natural and looks great on my medium olive skintone. This one seemed like the best one to use on all kinds of skintones too. I'll be doing my friend's bridesmaids' makeup and the makeup at my own wedding, so I was looking for a highlighter that will work on everyone. Fingers crossed it works out!

This was the first of two hauls. See what I got in my second haul here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.