Thursday, November 20, 2014

Current Lip Balm Picks

lip balms


I use lip balms all year-round and it's something I can't live without. They help keep my lips soft and hydrated, but also keep them protected from the elements of the environment. My current picks at the moment are the Christian Dior Creme de Rose Smoothing Plumping Lip Balm, Nivea Kiss of Milk & Honey Soothing Lip Care, Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment, and Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm.

Christian Dior Creme de Rose: A rose-scented lip balm that does truly smooth and plump the lips. It's appropriate to use when you're out and about during the day, since it has an SPF of 10. However, I prefer to use it at home and right before I sleep because you have to use your fingers to apply it. In the morning, my lips are smooth and hydrated.

Nivea Milk & Honey Soothing Lip Care: This is a good basic drugstore lip balm. Even though it doesn't keep my lip moisturized as long as my other picks, it does get the job done. It's cheap and widely available.

Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment: This lip balm has cult status and I can understand why. It's hydrating, smells great, and good to use during the day, as this has an SPF of 15. I have samples of the Sugar Berry and Rose shades, which give a wonderful sheer colour on the lips.

Jack Black Intense Therapy: I have this in the grapefruit scent and it smells amazing, but unfortunately, it doesn't taste very good. This lip balm has the highest SPF out of all four - an SPF of 25, which is especially great in the summer time. I like that you have to squeeze out the balm to use, which makes it quite hygienic. This also has a great amount of slip and keeps my lips hydrated.

I love trying out different lip balms and have found ones that I love, and ones that I haven't enjoyed. At the moment, there are two that I especially want to try - Nuxe Reve de Miel and By Terry Baume de Rose.

What are some of your favourite lip balms?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.