Sunday, October 19, 2014

Review: La Roche-Posay Pigmentclar Serum

la roche-posay pigmentclar serum
Dark spots and hyperpigmentation are two of the biggest issues I have when it comes to my skin. I didn't start wearing sunscreen or a moisturizer with SPF until later in my university years. Whether I've popped a pimple or I've left my pimples alone to heal by themselves, my skin still scars. I started getting fed up with the number of scars that were appearing on my face and I set out to find something to help fade the scars. 

After considering a few options, I decided on on La Roche-Posay's Pigmentclar Serum. I've used La Roche-Posay products in the past and continue to use them, and figured I would try their offering since I've had success with their products. This is one of La Roche-Posay's new products released earlier this year. This serum uses an anti-dark-spot complex made up of PhE-Resorcinol, ginkgo and ferulic acid to help with reducing dark spots and pigmentation issues, along with LHA for gentle surface exfoliation to help even out skintone and brighten the complexion. 

pigmentclar serum sample

This serum is pearlescent, lightweight and fluid. It does have a strong somewhat cologne-like, masculine scent when it's dispensed, but it quickly fades. It's suggested to apply it to the whole face and neck line, but for now, I'm using it more as a spot treatment for my scars.

I've used this serum now for more than 1.5 months and I can definitely see an improvement in my skin and scars. Many of my older scars have shrunk and faded significantly, while newer scars are almost non-existent. Even after two weeks, my skintone was more even and a mark that I've had since I was a child was almost gone.

This is a product I will continue to use to help with brightening my complexion and fading any new scars that pop up. I would not hesitate to recommend this to anyone who's looking to fades scars, old and new, or those looking to correct and maintain their complexion.

6 comments:

  1. Hey Vicky, I'm glad to hear this works for you! I think I have a bottle sitting somewhere. I need to give it a proper go! My problem is my skin doesn't systematically like AHAs, and I wasn't sure if it'd react badly to it. Maybe I'll start slow and see how it works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My face reacted to it at first, but my skin's been fine since. I find using it as a spot treatment has been working the best for me.

      Delete
  2. I have a lot of dark marks from acne so this products looks interesting. I like how it is lightweight since my skin can get pretty oily and I hate the feeling of putting something too heavy on it. Thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I hope this product works out for you.

      Delete
  3. Wow that sounds pretty amazing! I'd love to have a serum like this too as I get acne scars super easy too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try this out! If you do, I hope it works just as well.

      Delete

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.