Monday, October 27, 2014

Review: Tom Ford Quad in Cognac Sable

tom ford cognac sable


How do I put into words how gorgeous and luxurious this palette or any Tom Ford products are? From the velvet pouch to the sleek and smooth feel of the palette to the magnetic closure, I've spent a long time deciding on which quad to get. I eventually decided on Cognac Sable, but with enough hemming and hawing to my boyfriend (now fiance!), he surprised me with this palette as my early birthday present back in June. And, I also said I wouldn't buy another eyeshadow palette again (who knows if that's a promise I'll be keeping...).

tom ford cognac sable


This palette includes a slightly glittery vanilla shade, a shimmery medium warm brown, a shimmery sable colour and a copper pressed glitter shade. The shimmery shades have amazing pigmentation and are buttery smooth. You don't need to use a primer for these! As for the pressed glitter shade, I prefer to use this over some kind of base so it has something to adhere to. I like using my fingers to apply this. The best part about these shadows? There's absolutely no fall out.

tom ford cognac sable swatch


At first, I was so happy to have this in my hands, but then I had some difficulty trying to figure out how to use all four shades. Since getting this palette, I've figured out the following ways to use it:
  1. Sweep the vanilla shade all over the lid on those lazy days
  2. Sweep the vanilla shade all over the lid, with the medium brown shade in the crease
  3. The vanilla shade all over the lid, with the sable colour concentrated in the outer-v
  4. The vanilla shade all over the lid, medium brown shade in the crease and the sable colour in the outer-v
  5. Again, vanilla shade all over the lid, the medium brown shade in the crease, the sable colour in the outer-v, and the copper glitter patted on the middle of the lid 
Now that it's fall, my preferred look is #3, or #1 when I'm lazy or am pressed for time. As I continue playing around with this palette, I'm slowly falling in love with all the colours.

You can find this at Holt Renfrew in Toronto, however, my boyfriend (now fiance) bought this at Saks Fifth Avenue while we were in New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.