Saturday, March 21, 2015

Disappointing Products #2

makeup and skincare products

For some reason, disappointing products posts are some of and continue to be one of my favourite posts to read. There are many products out there that get a lot of hype and attention, but don't work as well as they're cracked up to be. You can read my first disappointing products post here. So, let's get on to more products that I was disappointed with!

Bioderma Hydrabio Legere: Part of Bioderma's Hydrabio range, this is the moisturiser for normal combination dehydrated sensitive skin. I really like Bioderma's micellar water and their mattifying fluid, so I had hopes for this. Used by itself, my skin still felt dry. This definitely required a serum before applying this moisturiser. I think this would be a suitable moisturiser for the summer time, however, I much prefer using something with SPF, rather than applying a separate SPF on top. 

Bioderma Sensibio Dermatological facial wipes: I already did a review of these wipes here. I really wanted to love these! A facial wipe soaked with the awesome Bioderma micellar water sounds like a wonderful product, doesn't it? Unfortunately, it wasn't very effective at taking off my eye makeup and only removed some of my base makeup. 

Laura Mercier Oil Free Foundation Primer: This gets so many rave reviews from beauty bloggers and YouTubers! So, I was expecting amazing things with this primer. This primer is wetter than I would have liked so it felt more like a moisturiser on my skin. This made me realize I much prefer primers that make my skin feel smooth. In the end, this didn't make my makeup last any longer than without primer and I'm pretty sure I had to blot and powder more often. 

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light: I think I'm going to get in trouble for including this! Diffused Light is a pale yellow powder that helps reduce redness, eliminate shine and give skin clarity. I chose this shade for eliminating shine and reducing redness in my skin, but it made me look sick. It also didn't help control the oils my skin produced throughout the day. I needed to blot and powder more often. So unfortunate since I liked how it helped blur imperfections. Maybe I chose the wrong shade for my skin, but I was so disappointed by this powder.


Have you tried any of these products? Did they disappoint you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.