Saturday, March 28, 2015

Long Lasting Makeup: Dinner With Friends

makeup products for long lasting makeup

makeup products for long lasting makeup

Continuing from my What's In My Bag: Dinner with Friends post, today I will show you what products I use to achieve a simple long lasting look that will take you from day to night.

To achieve makeup that lasts throughout the day, it's important to prep the skin. After applying my moisturiser, I like to smooth on the Benefit The Porefessional primer. This helps with controlling the oil my skin produces throughout the day and keeping it matte. For foundation, I use Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet since it also helps with keeping my skin matte. It leaves this beautiful velvet finish without leaving my skin looking too flat. To conceal my dark circles and blemishes, I use the usual NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer. Then I set everything with the NARS Light Reflecting Pressed Setting Powder. This is probably my all-time favourite setting powder. It brings the skin to life if you find your skin is looking dull or too matte, while giving great oil control. And that's the base done!

For the eyes, I like to use a cream eyeshadow all over the lid. It's simple, quick and long lasting. My favourite of the moment is the Origins Brightening Cream Eyeshadow in Coffee Buzz. Then, I line my eyes with the Physicians Formula Eye Booster Liquid Eyeliner and the Gosh Velvet Liner on the bottom lash line. The Physicians Formula liquid liner can be found at the drugstore, is waterproof and doesn't smudge. Perfect for a long day. Then I finish off the eyes with the Maybelline The Rocket waterproof mascara

Of course we can't forget the eyebrows! For simplicity and saving time in the morning I like to use Benefit Gimme Brow. This will help with filling in sparse areas, while setting the hairs in place. 

As for the rest of the face, a little of the Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder warms up the face, while adding a bit of contour. My blush of choice at the moment is the Clarins Blush Prodige in Sweet Rose - this gives the face a healthy glow. 

If your face gets oily throughout the day or your makeup tends to move around, using a makeup setting spray would be ideal. For me, the combination of these products sits well on my normal to combination skin and I only need to blot and powder once throughout the day. 

What do you use to create a look that lasts from day to night?


Disclosure: This is the second of two posts with my collaboration with OpenTable Toronto. This post is not sponsored. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.