Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Empties #3

empty beauty products

empty makeup products

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer - Ginger
I use this shade when my skin has gotten darker and it covers up scars and hyperpigmentation pretty well. This is is definitely up there in my favourite concealers, but the new Urban Decay one could be beating it out!
Repurchase: Yes

Nivea A Kiss of Milk & Honey Lip Balm
I finally finished up the last one I have of this lip balm. It's an ok pick from the drugstore, but I have a bunch of other lip balms/lip butters that I want to get through before considering buying more.
Repurchase: No, not right now

empty skincare products

Biore Nourish Moisture Lotion SPF 15
I bought this as a backup when I was in university and I graduated from university 3 years ago. The lotion in this bottle started separating and I'm pretty sure the SPF would've expired by now. I enjoyed this lotion when I was using it almost 5-6 years ago, but I've moved onto better daytime moisturisers that contain higher SPF levels.
Repurchase: No

Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Make-Up Remover
This was my favourite drugstore makeup remover for a long time until I discovered something even better! This does a pretty good job at removing waterproof mascara, but you do have to hold the soaked cotton round on the lashes for a good 10 -15 seconds to work better.
Repurchase: Yes

Marcelle Gentle Make-Up Remover for Sensitive Eyes
This is the better drugstore makeup remover I just mentioned above! Seriously the best at removing waterproof makeup. You only have to hold your cotton round on the lashes for around 5 seconds and it magically removes waterproof mascara. So good! I wish the travel size was more readily available so I can bring it with me on vacations!
Repurchase: Yes

Aveeno Skin Brightening Daily Scrub
I absolutely love this scrub and I'd say it's the most consistent skincare product I've had and used since I became serious about my skincare routine. Unfortunately, this contains microbeads, so I hope Aveeno will be able to reformulate it without ruining the gentle exfoliation and cleansing properties.
Repurchase: Yes

Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm
I finished this cleansing balm quite a while ago, but I enjoyed it. I find it's more of an extra step in my cleansing routine since it does leave my skin feeling a bit oily. I prefer having just one cleanser that removes makeup and leaves my skin feeling clean.
Repurchase: No

cotton pad packaging

Muji Cut Cotton Pads
I'm not too picky with the cotton pads I use. I tried out the Shiseido ones and was quite disappointed with it considering how expensive they are. The Muji ones are very similar, if not the same as the Shiseido ones and at a fraction of the price (around $3-4). I liked how soft the cotton felt against my skin, but I do prefer cotton pads that have quilting since it helps to scrub off makeup. However, if there were more Muji stores in Toronto, I'd consider buying these more often since it's quite inexpensive.
Repurchase: Yes

Quo Cosmetic Pads
I've finished so many packs of these, since they're one of the cheaper options at the drugstore. It has the quilting which helps with removing makeup.
Repurchase: Yes

empty haircare products

Alterna Bamboo Smooth Kendi Oil Dry Oil Mist
One of the best anti-frizz leave-in conditioners I've used. This helps keep my hair smooth during the hot humid summers we get here in Toronto. I've done a more in-depth review and featured it in my summer haircare essentials.
Repurchase: Yes - already repurchased!

Tresemme Heat Tamer Spray
This is the only heat protection spray that I've ever used. It works well and smells great after applying  heat to the hair. Plus, it's readily available at the drugstore. I still have one bottle left to get through and it's going to last me quite a while since I don't typically heat style my hair.
Repurchase: Yes

Dove Oxygen Moisture Shampoo for Fine, Flat Hair
I loved the scent of this shampoo! It's a nice fresh scent and I felt like it only did an ok job at giving some life to my flat hair. It is a decent shampoo, but not the greatest at giving some volume. I would repurchase this for the scent, but not so much for the results I expected.
Repurchase: Yes

Living Proof Full Shampoo
This actually used to be my favourite frizz-free shampoo, but over time, I found it left my hair pretty limp, even though it helped with taming the frizz. I also found that this shampoo started aggravating my dandruff after using my dandruff shampoo to help control it. I still have one more bottle to finish, but after that, I'm moving on to other shampoos. Also, did the price for this go up? I remember it being around $26, but it's now $30 for a bottle. I definitely don't think it's worth the $30 price tag.
Repurchase: No

Herbal Essences Honey I'm Strong and Touchably Smooth Conditioners
These are staples in my haircare routine. Just like I've said in my other empties posts, these are cheap, smell good and get the job done. The Touchably Smooth conditioner is probably my favourite scent out of all the ones I've tried.
Repurchase: Yes

empty bath and body products

Philosophy Cinnamon Buns Shampoo, Shower Gel & Bubble Bath*
This was part of a holiday set of 4 shower gels that I received from one of my previous managers. Overall, this did what it was supposed to, but the scent got old and annoying and I just couldn't stand it anymore. I'm glad this is done.
Repurchase: No

Laura Mercier Ambre Vanille Souffle Body Creme
Lovely rich, but airy body cream that smelled wonderful. I only use this at night, or else the scent is much too strong for my liking during the daytime. I prefer to use it at night so it doesn't make all my clothes smell like it and clash with my perfumes during the day.
Repurchase: Yes

nail polishes

Dior Nail Vernis in Incognito
This is a nail polish that I'm trashing. It is one of my holy grail nail polishes. The perfect nude pink shade for me. It's not too nude, but not too pink and makes your nails/hands look put together. I finished more than half of the bottle, but it eventually got quite thick and goopy that it was hard to get a thin even layer. It could be the old formula that contributed to it getting thick, but we'll see how long it takes for my new bottle in the new gel shine formula to get thick.
Repurchase: Yes - already have!

Nails Inc. 45 Second Top Coat with Kensington Caviar
Another one I'm trashing. It's almost done anyway and it got too thick and goopy as well to continue using it effectively. It would also leave a ton of bubbles after I applied it. However, when it's a fresh bottle, it's the best top coat I've used to date. It gives the nails high shine, with a really short wait time and the best part is the really thin consistency of it. This is actually the old bottle, which I purchased for $5.99 when Shoppers Drug Mart was clearing out all the old bottles.
Repurchase: Yes - already repurchased!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.