Saturday, January 03, 2015

New Year's Resolutions

image via https://www.etsy.com/listing/88989316/happy-new-year-banner-new-year-vintage

As we ring in 2015, there have been some resolutions that I've thought about for both this blog and beauty in general.

For the blog: 
  1. Keep improving - it's only been 2.5 months since I've started this blog, but I want to keep improving the posts I write, the pictures I take and the design of the blog.
  2. Be more engaging - I want to be more engaging with readers, instead of just writing posts, letting it be and just responding to readers' comments. This will be a hard one for me, since I'll be much busier this year due to work, other commitments and planning my wedding.
  3. Be more creative - I feel like a lot of the posts I've written so far have been the same. So, I want to try to write more posts that are different from the usual product reviews that are on this blog. 
For beauty:
  1. Spend less - I have way too much makeup and too many products that are very similar, plus I'm someone who can spend a lot of money without thinking things through. That needs to change, especially since I'm saving for a wedding and home!
  2. Use more - along the same lines as the previous resolution, but I want to use more products that are lying around in my collection, instead of looking for the next new thing to buy and use. Hopefully I'll be able to use up more of my products too!
  3. Clean my makeup brushes more often - I'm definitely lazy when it comes to cleaning my brushes. I want to make more of an effort to clean them more often. Maybe then my face will have less pimples popping up!
  4. Be more organized - my makeup is all over the place. So, this year, I want to get some storage that looks nice on my dressers, but is also able to store my makeup collection in an organized manner.
  5. Don't requalify for Sephora's VIB Rouge status - at the end of last year, when I found out I had requalified for the VIB Rouge status, it was a shock to see just how much money I'd been spending on makeup and skincare products. I really didn't and shouldn't be spending that much money! So, I'm hoping to buy a lot less and only get essentials.
  6. Make most of my beauty purchases at Shoppers Drug Mart and The Bay - similar to #5, I hope to buy less from Sephora, but make most of my purchases from SDM or The Bay. SDM and The Bay have rewards programs that actually translate to dollars that I can use towards future purchases, instead of dinky samples that aren't always that great. Unless certain products are only sold at Sephora, I'm going to try to get most of my beauty products elsewhere. 
A long list of resolutions, but hopefully I can stick to them! What are some of your resolutions for 2015?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.