Thursday, January 29, 2015

Disappointing Products #1



In my previous post, I wrote about some products that live up to the hype. Well, today is a post about products that didn't live up to their expectations.

Shiseido Facial Cotton
Many people say these are the ultimate cotton pad to use. I've read reviews that say they don't leave cotton fuzz on your face and the way they're made makes removing makeup better than the standard cotton round. After going through an entire pack, most of the time I ended up with a bit of cotton fuzz on my face and the surface of the pad doesn't really help much with removing makeup. I prefer the rougher texture of the $2 packs of cotton rounds to help in removing makeup. Plus, it's $11 for a pack. Way too expensive for a piece of cotton.

Batiste Dry Shampoo
Another product that a lot of people absolutely love. I've only tried the original formula, so I'm not sure if other formulas work differently. My hair still felt oily after spraying this in and for the entire day, I could feel the grittiness and dirtiness of the dry shampoo. It's not a lightweight powder, nor is it easy to blend out the powder. I also found that the nozzle would sometimes get clogged and then spray chunks of dry shampoo into my hair.

Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Sheer Powder - No. 30
I bought this on a whim and thought it would be a great setting powder. I didn't like the finish it gave my face as it seemed like there was too much shimmer for my liking. It also didn't help with keeping the oils on my face under control. I found myself using blotting sheets at least twice a day. I can't use this as a bronzer either, as it's not dark enough to do so. Now, I'm a little stumped as to what to do with it.

Giorgio Armani Master Corrector - #2 Orange
I first read rave reviews about this corrector and its ability to help banish dark circles. As you can see in the picture, I used quite a bit of it hoping it would work for me. Unfortunately, it didn't help much in cancelling out the purplish brown hues of my dark circles. After applying concealer on top of it, it looked the same as when I only apply concealer.

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil - Zero
I might get in trouble for including this product in this post, but the Urban Decay eye pencils just don't do it for me. I went through 2.5 pencils to realize that this pencil doesn't stay put on my eyelids. Even with primer on the lids, it smudges onto my undereye area, giving me unsightly raccoon eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.