Thursday, January 22, 2015

Winter Blushes

makeup blushes

It's no secret that blushes are my favourite makeup item and I have way too many of them. So, I've rounded up my blush picks for the winter season. For the winter, I'm all about the glowy pink shades to give some life to my face to my otherwise flat look. Below are my top 6 picks:

tarte blush in exposed

Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in "Exposed": Of course I had to include this! One of my all time favourite blushes. It's a soft nude brown with pink undertones that's matte. It's a beautiful shade that goes with any look. It gives my cheeks just enough colour while looking natural.

bobbi brown pot rouge in blushed rose

Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge in "Blushed Rose": This is the only cream blush I own and the formula is great for those who have drier cheeks during the winter season. This shade looks quite dark and a little scary in the pan, but I assure you it gives a natural rosy flush on the cheeks. This is a brown pink with a rose undertone that would look beautiful on any skintone.

ysl blush radiance no. 6

YSL Blush Radiance in No. 6: This blush was released in 2014 to celebrate Chinese New Year. It contains two hot pink shades in a matte and shimmer finish. When swirled together, it gives a beautiful healthy pink glow on the cheeks.

nars blush in torrid

NARS Blush in "Torrid": You might think this is an odd choice for a winter blush, but I'm craving for some warmer weather. This is a coral shade with gold shimmer that I think will look great on any skintone. When I put this on, it definitely reminds me of warmer weather and takes my mind off of the dreary cold weather we're having in Toronto.

hourglass ambient lighting blushes in luminous flush and incandescent electra

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in "Luminous Flush" and "Incandescent Electra": Unfortunately, Incandescent Electra was a shade exclusive to the blush palette that's now sold out. However, you can get Luminous Flush as a single blush. Luminous Flush is a beautiful champagne rose that gives your cheeks a natural rosy glow. Incandescent Electra is described as a cool peach, but it looks more like a light cool pink on my skin. I like using these two shades separately, but I love the look of layering these two blushes.

blush swatches


What are some of your favourite winter blushes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.