Saturday, January 24, 2015

Review: Klorane Oil Absorbing Dry Shampoo

klorane oil absorbing dry shampoo

Dry shampoo is one of those beauty items where I've had trouble finding one product that's worked well for me. Enter the Klorane Oil Absorbing Dry Shampoo. I've tried a bunch of dry shampoos, from the ever popular Batiste to high end options from Ojon and Alterna, but none of them have worked as well as this one from Klorane.

Klorane has three dry shampoo offerings and this one is for those who have an excess of oil in their hair and want to wash their hair less frequently. This dry shampoo contains nettle extract, which they claim is the ingredient that has intense absorbing properties.

My hair needs to be washed every other day, since it gets pretty oily by the end of the second day. When I use this dry shampoo on the second day, I can get away without washing on the third day, as long as I'm not expected to look too presentable. Before using this dry shampoo, I definitely needed to wash my hair no matter what. It does add a bit of volume to my hair, but because I have a lot of hair, it becomes flat after several minutes.

This dry shampoo is a white powder, so you need to be careful in using this if you have dark hair like me. I've found that you don't need too much of this stuff to absorb the oils in your hair. The best way to use this is to spray it at a good distance so you only have a fine misting of it in your hair. Then, all you have to do is brush your hair so that the powder is blended in.

I have struggled to find a dry shampoo that truly works for my oily scalp, but have found that this one has worked the best. The only downside is the cost of it. Even though you can find this at the drugstore, at both Shoppers Drug Mart and Rexall, it can range from $16 to $18. Unless you're lucky and find it on sale. I'll probably end up trying other dry shampoos once I finish this can, but let me tell you. This is a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.