Monday, January 26, 2015

Believing the Hype #1

toner, serum, eyebrow pencils

There are many products out there that many bloggers and YouTubers rave about and in turn become quite popular amongst the beauty community. I'm not usually one to want to buy products that have been hyped up, but I've tested and used some of these products and here are some of the ones where I believe the hype is real.

Caudalie Beauty Elixir
Many people swear by this magical liquid in a bottle. The only way I was going to try this product was if it was included in a value set - I wasn't about to pay full price for this toner. Once I had gotten my hands on it and tried it out for a couple of weeks, I fully understood why so many people love this product. I've done a review on this product here.

Ole Henriksen Truth Serum Vitamin C Collagen Booster
Was it me or did the beauty blogging world go through some kind of vitamin C craze? I first heard and read about this product when there were all these YouTube videos and blog posts talking about how good vitamin C is for the skin. Once the craze had died down, I bought a value set that had a sample size of this serum. It's helped with evening out my skin, make it brighter and more supple. It definitely lived up to the all the hype surrounding it and it smells amazing!

Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil
This was the first brow pencil that I tried out because of the amazing reviews and the wedge shape of the pencil. The heaviness of the pencil also drew me to it because of the luxurious feel. The formula lived up to the hype - it's buildable, with a waxy formula to help set the hairs. It blends well and lasts for the entire day.

Anastasia Brow Wiz
I really didn't want to like this product mostly because of all the hype and rave reviews its received. After using it a few times, I understood why so many people love this product. The pencil is very thin which makes it easy to get precise strokes to mimic brow hairs. It gives enough colour, but doesn't deposit too much pigment. There's also a wide range of shades that should be able to fit everyone's needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.