Monday, February 02, 2015

Winter Nail Polish Picks

nail polishes

nail polishes

nail polishes

Nail polish is one of my favourite ways of giving colour to my otherwise monochrome outfits during the winter. Now that we're actually in the middle of winter here in Toronto, I'm torn between wearing darker shades and lighter neutral shades to match the monochrome nature of my wardrobe, with a little red in the mix.

Dior Incognito
One of my holy grail nail colours. It's a nude pink creme that doesn't wash out the colour of your hands. It has enough pink to make your nails look neatly kept while giving a healthy colour. This is a colour that will go with anything you wear.

Nails Inc. Porchester Square
Another beautiful neutral in the bunch. This is a light grey taupe with hints of purple and is another colour that I wear all the time. Because of the hints of purple, it helps to stop in making your nails look corpse-like. The formula is a little thick, but it's opaque in one coat.

Dior Palais Royal
I got this polish back in October when I was looking for the perfect grey. This is the perfect colour to wear in the winter and transition into spring, or from fall into winter. In certain lights, it truly looks grey, but in other lights, it can look a bit brown or purple. This is a colour that also goes with anything you wear.

Dior Junon
Another Dior polish that I've really liked in the past few months. I would almost consider this a neutral colour for me! I know it looks blue, but the grey base really anchors it to seem like a neutral. It's definitely a unique colour along with its discreet shimmer.

Essie Angora Cardi
What's a nail polish post without a little colour? Angora Cardi is a dusty rose colour that truly reminds me of thick, warm cardigans. When I want to switch up my nail colours, but not go for something too drastic, I put this one on.

Essie Twin Sweater Set
Twin Sweater Set is a true bright red. It's one of my favourite red polishes that I own and wear quite often during the cold months. This colour also reminds me of snuggly and cosy cable knit sweaters. This is a great polish to add a pop of colour to your outfit.

Essie Shearling Darling
This is a dark red creme that almost looks burgundy once it's on your nails. Burgundy is probably more associated with fall, but I think this colour is appropriate for any cold month! It's another shade that I commonly associate with warm sweaters.

Essie After School Boy Blazer
Of course I needed to include a super dark colour to round out my winter picks. This colour is a beautiful dark blue creme that almost looks black. I find this one can be a little hard to apply, so be patient!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.