Monday, April 06, 2015

Empties #2

empty beauty products

empty makeup products

Kat Von D Ink Liner
One of my favourite pen liners. This is the one with the felt tip and I much prefer felt tip liners, since I like stiffer pen liners. This liquid liner comes out very black and dries with a sheen. I don't care for the sheen, but I can live with it.
Repurchase: Yes

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer - Custard
Probably my all-time favourite concealer. I use a combination of Custard and Ginger on my face since I'm in between shades. However, I use Custard on my undereye area to help brighten them.
Repurchase: Yes

Nivea A Kiss of Milk & Honey Lip Balm
This was an ok lip balm. I really like the smell and taste of it, but there are other lip balms out there that are more moisturising. If I'm looking for a cheap lip balm, I would repurchase, but I still have a few other ones to get through first.
Repurchase: No, not at the moment.

Dior Creme de Rose Smoothing Plumping Lip Balm
This took me such a long time to finish! This does as the name says - it plumps and smooths the lips. I really like the light rose scent and the slight gloss that it gives. I typically only use this when I'm at home since I don't like dipping my finger into the pot when I'm out in public.
Repurchase: Yes, but I still have another one in my stash.

empty skincare products

Bioderma Micellar Water
My favourite micellar water to date. I still have to try out some of the drugstore alternatives, but for now, this is my holy grail. It removes base and eye makeup (excluding waterproof mascara) extremely well.
Repurchase: Yes! I still have 2 regular sized bottles in my stash, though.

Murad Essential-C Day Moisture Broad Spectrum SPF 30 PA+++
I bought this tube when I made a trip to the States before this was available in Canada. I really liked this moisturiser and the scent of it, but I felt like it left my skin feeling a bit greasy. So, I'm on the lookout for another moisturiser with SPF that works just as well.
Repurchase: No

Neostrata Toning Solution Level 1
This is a toner that has 8% glycolic acid and a load of alcohol. It worked well on my pimples, but my skin would become quite dry from using it. Unfortunately, I still have another bottle that I need to use up. It took me a really long time to use up this bottle, so I'm not really looking forward to trying to use my other bottle up.
Repurchase: No

Vichy Idealia Life Serum
I think this is the 2nd or 3rd bottle that I've used up. I use this in the winter under my daytime moisturiser. I love the texture, scent and results of this serum. The pearlescent glow makes my skin look healthy during the winter. I will keep using this until I find another serum that works as well as this.
Repurchase: Yes

Caudalie Beauty Elixir
Love this stuff! You can read my review here. Until I can find another toner/mist that's just as good with less alcohol, I will continue to use this.
Repurchase: Yes

empty makeup wipes and cotton pads packaging

Bioderma Sensibio H2O Wipes
I recently reviewed (here) these wipes and I was less than impressed with them. I'd much rather use the liquid version and there are other makeup wipes out there that are better.
Repurchase: No

Quo Cotton Pads
The price of cotton pads keep going up! I'm not picky with cotton pads, but as long as they have the quilting to help with removing makeup, I will use them. I try to pick these up when there's a sale or some kind of deal.
Repurchase: Yes

empty shampoo and conditioner bottles

Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Conditioner
Another empty bottle of Herbal Essences conditioner! I love the scent of this conditioner - it's a wonderful raspberry scent. This is decently moisturising and hydrating. It's cheap and there are typically deals on these conditioners. I do want a change, so anyone have any recommendations?
Repurchase: Yes

Aveeno Positively Nourishing Dandruff Control Shampoo
I've finished another bottle of this shampoo - my holy grail dandruff shampoo. I will continue to repurchase this unless I find another one that's better and smells good.
Repurchase: Yes

empty bath products and empty perfume bottle

Victoria's Secret Endless Love Body Wash
Like I said in my last empties post, these body washes are only ok. They're not really moisturising for my skin and I think they're overpriced. Though, I did really like this scent. It's very reminiscent of another body wash or lotion I used when I was younger.
Repurchase: No

Bath and Body Works Paris Amour Creamy Body Wash
I hated the design of this bottle. It has one of those openings where once product has been squeezed out, the bottle will keep getting flatter - i.e. a one-way opening. Am I making any sense? It made it really hard to continue squeezing out product as I ran out since it kept getting harder to grip to squeeze. I hope this explanation makes sense! The scent was ok but I got sick of it by the end of it.
Repurchase: No

DKNY Be Delicious Fresh Blossom Eau de Parfum
The first perfume I've ever finished! This is my absolute favourite perfume. I am extremely sad that this has been discontinued! Once I found out, I immediately ordered a 3.4 oz. size, and one of my closest friends managed to pick up two 1.7 oz bottles for me from a warehouse sale (pretty much where all the unsold bottles went). I'm set for a while, but I'll need to find another perfume that I love just as much as this one.
Repurchase: I wish I could!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.