Thursday, April 23, 2015

Another Shoppers Drug Mart Haul

cotton pads, micellar waters, makeup remover, hair conditioner, chanel foundation

The past couple of weeks have been a bit spendy for me and with good reason! First was the Sephora VIB sale (You can see my first haul here and the second haul here.) and then there was a 20x the points event at Shoppers Drug Mart. It was the perfect time for me to get one of my favourite foundations in my current shade.

If you didn't know, I prefer going to the Shoppers Drug Mart at Bayview Village when these points events happen since they have a lot of the higher end brands there. I went in looking for two specific items: Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet and the Garnier Micellar Water, then walked out with a bunch of other items. 

I had shade B40 for the Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet foundation, but it's too dark for my current skin, so I bought B30. The other item I really wanted to get my hands on was the Garnier Micellar Water, but they didn't have it! To say the least, I was bummed. After reading some reviews comparing it to Bioderma, I really wanted to see if it truly is as good. Instead, I picked up the Simple Cleansing Micellar Water and the L'Oreal Gentle Micellar Solution to see how those compare to Bioderma. I eventually went to two other Shoppers Drug Marts and couldn't find the Garnier one. Is it not sold in Canada or am I just extremely unlucky?

I also picked up backups of some of my daily staples. I got a pack of the Quo cotton pads. They have the texture I like to help with "scrubbing" off the makeup/dirt on my face. Of course I got a bottle of Herbal Essences conditioner since it was on sale and it works good enough for me! Then there's the Marcelle Gentle Makeup Remover for Sensitive Eyes. I recently used up a mini size of this makeup remover and absolutely loved it!

After the Sephora sale and this little haul, I'm putting myself on a spending ban probably until the next Sephora sale in November! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.