Thursday, February 19, 2015

Review: La Roche-Posay Thermal Spring Water

la roche-posay thermal spring water spray

I'm a huge fan of La Roche-Posay products. Both the Effaclar Duo and Pigmentclar Serum are awesome products and have worked quite well on my skin. So, I thought, why not try out their version of water mist - the La Roche-Posay Thermal Spring Water. Having loved the Caudalie Beauty Elixir, I wanted to find out how good this spray would be, at a fraction of the price.

This water is targeted for people with sensitive skin and those who have skin that's irritated by external factors. La Roche-Posay claims that the inclusion of Selenium and other minerals help with soothing and softening the skin due to its antioxidant properties.

Thermal Spring Water can be used to tone and prepare the skin for treatments, as an anti-inflammatory following procedures such as chemical peels and microdermabrasion, or to refresh the skin. This is also recommended for people who suffer from rosacea or eczema. To use the spray, it's suggested to hold the can 8-12 inches away from the face, then leave it on for 2-3 minutes. You can wait until the water dries or pat off the excess.

So what do I think of this?

I use this as part of my evening skincare routine after I've cleansed my face. I spray a pretty liberal amount and I quite like the cooling and refreshing feeling of the water. I wait the 2-3 minutes for the water to dry. If there's excess, I try to pat the water away with my hands. One of the great things about this facial mist is that you can hold down the nozzle and have a continuous spray, instead of pressing down on the nozzle multiple times.

My skin feels plumper and smoother after all the water has dried off. Even though my face feels calmer and refreshed, I don't find it helps with the bit of redness I have in my cheeks.

After using this spray for the past couple of months, I can say I really like the results I get from this spray. Even though it is a can of water, somehow the combination of selenium and other minerals in the water has helped with keeping my skin hydrated, smooth and refreshed.

I would recommend this product if you're looking for a facial mist for that extra boost in hydration, however, I still love the Caudalie Beauty Elixir, since I want a facial mist that does more than just hydrate.

If you're interested in this product, you can find it at Shoppers Drug Mart and Rexall Pharma Plus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.