Saturday, February 21, 2015

Time Saving Tip: Using Cream Eyeshadows

cream eyeshadows

cream eyeshadows

With the winter season comes dark mornings, which makes it harder to wake up and get out of bed. To get some more sleep, I like to simplify the makeup I use. One of my favourite ways to get those extra minutes of sleep is to use cream eyeshadows.

Cream eyeshadows can be used as a base for other eyeshadows, or by itself. In the winter, I'm much too tired in the mornings to think about applying multiple shadows, then search for the brushes to blend out the harsh edges. With cream eyeshadows, I use my ring finger to apply on my lids, then blend out the edges with my middle finger. It looks like you put some effort into your eyeshadow, when you really didn't. Easy and it only takes a few seconds!

cream eyeshadow swatches
L-R: Rosewood, Coffee Buzz, Tough as Taupe

I only own three cream eyeshadows, but that's more than enough for me! Since they take a while to get through. The three shades that I have are great neutrals that will work with most skintones. Origins Ginzing Brightening Cream Eye Shadow in Coffee Buzz is the one I use the most. The formula is very creamy, easy to work with and blend extremely well. It looks quite warm in the pot, but it's more of a bronzey taupey shade with subtle silver shimmers.

My next favourite is the Clarins Ombre Matte Eyeshadow in Rosewood. This is a cream to powder eyeshadow, but it feels much like a velvety extremely pressed powder eyeshadow. It is a beautiful red-toned brown that lasts a long time on the lids.

Lastly, I have the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Tough as Taupe. This shade is more of an opaque purple grey, than a taupe. Out of the three cream eyeshadows, this is the driest formula and can be a little tricky to work with. Once it's been warmed up by the fingers, it's easier to apply and blend out. I haven't worn this shadow for 24 hours, but it does last quite a long time on my lids.

What are your thoughts on cream eyeshadows?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.