Thursday, February 12, 2015

Winter Skincare Edit - Morning

skincare products

Now that we're in the middle of what winter really is (-30 degree weather with snow blowing in your face), a change in my skincare routine is needed. I'm all about layering products that will bring hydration to my skin. Today's post will focus on the products I'm currently using in my morning routine.

A change in eye creams is needed, to help with keeping the delicate undereye area hydrated. I'm currently using the Caudalie Vinosource S.O.S. Morning Eye Rescue, which gives just the right amount of hydration, while helping with brightening and de-puffing my tired eyes. And we all know that mornings during the winter are harder to wake up in.

When it comes to the rest of the face, a serum is essential. I layer a serum underneath my moisturiser. Since last winter, I have been using the Vichy Idealia Life Serum. This is a thick but lightweight serum that sinks into the skin very quickly. It gives the skin such a beautiful glow and luminosity from the golden and red pearls. If you wanted to, you could even use it as a primer as the skin is instantly smoothed. It also has a wonderful floral scent that isn't strong.

To finish off my morning routine, I use the Biore Nourish Moisture Lotion with SPF15. This is a good basic moisturiser that contains SPF, which helps to protect my skin. I like using this lotion as it's a bit thicker than other moisturisers I use during the rest of the year, so it gives that extra bit of hydration.

What are some of the changes you make to your morning skincare routine in the winter?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.