Thursday, February 26, 2015

Samples Challenge Update #1

Earlier this month, I challenged myself to use up the samples I've been hoarding. At the end of each month, I'll make an update of how many samples I've used up during the month and whether I would purchase the full size.

empty sample beauty products

Shiseido Ultimune Power Infusing Concentrate: This is a concentrate, but not a serum. You're supposed to use it after cleansing and before applying your serum and moisturiser. I like that it makes my skin feel so soft after using it, but I have yet to see what the longer-term effects are. I still have two more samples of this, so we'll see if I see and feel the effects it's supposed to have.
Purchase: Maybe - too early to tell.

Bliss High Intensity Hand Cream: I've previously used the Bliss hand creams and moisturisers and love the scent of them! This one's a sweet lemon scent. This is a thick and moisturising hand cream that's perfect for the cold seasons.
Purchase: Yes

Caudalie Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet: I got this as part of a sampler set. It has a light texture and sinks into the skin pretty quickly. I really like the scent of this moisturiser, but I didn't find it was moisturising enough for me. I also prefer to use moisturisers that have SPF in them.
Purchase: No

Sephora Super Supreme Body Butter: For some reason, the scent of this body butter reminds me of Nivea Creme - the one in the blue pot. Scent aside, I expected this to be a lot more moisturising because of its name. I have other body butters that are more moisturising and in scents that I like more.
Purchase: No

Biotherm Aquasource Deep Hydration Replenishing Gel: I used this in combination with the sample of the Aquasource Deep Serum and I did find that it worked better when used together. I personally don't prefer gel moisturisers, so I found it was only ok. But it could just be that gels aren't moisturising enough during the winter months.
Purchase: No

Biotherm Aquasource Deep Serum: I did like how plump and soft this serum made my skin. I think this is supposed to be used during the daytime since it has shimmery particles in it. Unfortunately, I think this was breaking me out.
Purchase: No

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream: So many people rave about this cream and I thought it was only ok. It did sink into my skin quickly without leaving it feeling greasy. However, like I said above, I have other body moisturisers that I like more and are less expensive.
Purchase: No

Kaia Naturals Juicy Bamboo Natural Bamboo Facial Cleansing Cloth: This is an all-natural cleansing cloth made from bamboo fibres. When I first open the packet, I was surprised at how small the cloth is! It's about half the size of usual cleansing cloths and the scent was not what I was expecting. It's not necessarily bad, but not entirely pleasant either. I didn't find it took off my makeup that well either.
Purchase: No


After the first month of this challenge, I've used up 8 samples. I've found that those little tubes take a lot longer to use than it looks! Hopefully I can keep using up samples at this rate or even quicker!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.